Friday, March 1, 2013
7 Quick Takes Friday
6. Looking for a - I Can't Put This Down Right Now.. I don't care if you poor milk all over the floor.. just go away.. I'm almost done with this chapter... book to read? One that will make your heart ache, and tears roll down your face.. yet make you laugh incredibly hard that your husband asks you.. what!?? And when you tell him.. he just gives you one of "those looks".. A easy, witty, relate able fun read for mommas?.. Well then you should read Sparkling Green Earrings by Melanie Shankle.. the owner of Big Mama Blog (I have yet to check out her blog.. slap me). I just finished it.. So, so, good!
5. My son is 7.5 and completely addicted to Gangnam Style .. I realize this is an old song to most .. but it's fairly new to his listening ears and watching him change the Spotify to this song over and over again.. and getting his totally white man dance groove on in the kitchen.. right besides his mom.. is quite fun. I relish these memories!
4. I've been discussing with my husband lately relationships.. of all kinds. Mostly how as you grow up and know people.. know about them.. how they are.. your mind is kind of stuck there. Like when I moved out of my parents house.. I will always imagine my sister as this little girl with thick bangs, always ready to do whatever you want because you're her big sister.. now she's in college. Anyway.. those old notions aren't always how people are when they grow up.. good or bad.. you may still have those memories but people don't stay the same. We moved away from where we grew up (my husband and I.. if you can say an hour is away), but sometimes when I run into certain people.. I kind of get that lump in my throat.. like.. ohh.. I knew them when... Well.. this is getting to be a post in itself.. I guess my thought is that it's time to let those go and take people for who they are at that moment. Everyone changes.. let not judge from the past.. just start loving!
3.My husband and I went on a date night last week..we hosted the six date series The Beatitudes: A Couple's Path to Greater Joy for the couples participating in our parish. I absolutely love these series by John Bosio and highly recommend them. Do you do regular date nights with your spouse? Do you attend programs together? This was the first night out we've had since last October. :/ We do try to make time after the kids go to bed to just relax together, but that's hard to do too. Life is so busy!
2. Lent is passing quickly.. I read a great post by Colleen from Martin Family Moments.. that just might have struck home a bit much for me.. about the whole giving up sweets to help with weight loss... I can relate to different points in her post... and.. Well.. you can read Convicted for the Millionth Time if you'd like too. Collen is awesome!
1. I've been reading and watching so much about our Holy Father.. Pope Benedict XVI.. Yesterday was a moving day as we pray for Benedict as he stepped down.. such a humbling beautiful person and to continue to pray for our next Pope. Here's his last tweet :"Thank you for your love and support. May you always experience the joy that comes from putting Christ at the centre of your lives." and this Tribute to Our Holy Father is great.
Check out others participating in the 7 Quick Takes Friday hosted by Conversion Diary.